Homeowners Have the Right To:
- A responsive and competent community
- Honest, fair and respectful treatment by community leaders and managers.
- Participate in governing
the community association by attending meetings, serving on committees and standing for election.
- Access appropriate
association books and records.
- Prudent expenditure of fees and other assessments.
- Live in a community where
the property is maintained according to established standards.
- Fair treatment regarding financial and other association
obligations, including the opportunity to discuss payment plans and options with the association before foreclosure is initiated.
all documents that address rules and regulations governing the community association -- if not prior to purchase and settlement
by a real estate agent or attorney, then upon joining the community.
- Appeal to appropriate commmunity leaders those
decisions affecting non-routine financial responsibilities or property rights.